Caring for an Ex

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.caregiving.com/posts/caring-for-an-ex
1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story. I am in the process of getting divorced and having to redefine how our relationship will look as his primary caregiver. I appreciated your insight.

1 Like

Wow, that life story really resonated with me profoundly. I am also married to a disabled partner, we have been together for 13 years with 11 of them married. My wife was disabled after a car accident in 2016. I’ve helped her through 16 surgeries, all with the hope she will get better eventually. So far this hasn’t happened, and our relationship has been deteriorating. She says she is contemplating divorce because of all of the emotional baggage she has been carrying due to the injury. I do feel alone and isolated much of the time because of her illness, which does add stress to both of us. I am of the same mindset as you, once I say I love you it is forever. I can understand and appreciate your story, thank you for sharing.